Disorders of reproductive function in men are a pressing medical problem. These violations lead to a decrease in fertility and a deterioration in the physical and psychological quality of a person's life. Sexual dysfunction can be caused by many different factors, illnesses, surgeries, poor lifestyle and constant stress. An important role in this is played by poor nutrition, when a man does not receive enough necessary substances and consumes foods that are harmful to potency.
Erectile dysfunction can cause discord in a couple's intimate life and lead to infertility in married couples. These problems generate psychological discomfort, doubts and complexes in men, which prevent them from building harmonious relationships in the future and increase the risk of divorce. To prevent the development of sexual dysfunctions, it is necessary to control health, lifestyle, diet and rest.
Reasons for the decrease in power
Erection problems in men can occur situationally or permanently for various reasons. If they occur occasionally and have obvious, easily identifiable reasons, for example fatigue or alcohol consumption, then there is nothing to worry about. But if the episodes of erectile dysfunction repeat for more than 1 month, it is worth consulting a specialist, as this may be a sign of serious problems in the body and the genitourinary system. Men who suffer from certain chronic diseases that indirectly affect potency usually already know the cause and should undergo appropriate treatment.
The erection mechanism involves the body's largest vital systems. The combination and close interdependence of their work for men's sexual function can make the diagnosis of reproductive disorders difficult. There are several main groups of factors that influence the development of power problems:
- Diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system affect the erection mechanism through alterations in blood circulation in the pelvic area, the genitourinary organs and the filling of the corpora cavernosa of the penis. These can be various types of abnormalities in the development and functioning of the heart muscle, as well as a hereditary or acquired tendency to varicose veins and fragility of the venous walls. Local compression by neoplasms and the formation of stagnation due to insufficient blood circulation is possible;
- Disorders of the nervous system, brain or spine due to congenital or acquired causes, as a result of illness, accident or surgery. Ailments such as diabetes, sclerosis, Parkinson's syndrome, infectious infections, ischemia, etc. They can cause the degradation of neuronal connections. Alcohol and drug abuse also have a destructive effect on the nervous system. Taking certain medications, especially antipsychotics, can inhibit brain activity and indirectly affect potency;
- Diseases of the body's endocrine system create a hormonal imbalance. The causes are hereditary or congenital anomalies in the development of the gonads, pituitary gland, etc. The functioning of the hormone secretion organs can be disturbed due to diseases caused by external factors, for example, diabetes mellitus, testosterone deficiency, hyperprolactinemia and other disorders. These ailments typically present a wide range of symptoms in addition to erectile dysfunction and require serious long-term treatment;
- Inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary organs, including infectious ones, directly affect the state of the reproductive system. Various types of prostatitis, urethritis and sexually transmitted infections contribute to potency problems. The inflamed ducts and glands increase in size, causing pain, compression of blood vessels and circulatory disorders. This may be fraught with suppuration, sepsis, subsequent formation of internal adhesions and obstruction of the seminiferous tubules. These diseases contribute little to the normal functioning of the genital organs, cause serious discomfort in everyday life and can lead to incurable infertility in a man;
- Psychological problems in men constitute the majority of all causes of situational or permanent erectile dysfunction, especially in youth and middle age. If no physiological alterations are detected in the functioning of the organs included in the mechanisms of the reproductive system, the origins must be sought in the emotional state. A man's sexual life is influenced by education, a social environment with certain moral and religious norms, the general psychological context in relationships with people at home and at work, personal complexes and self-esteem, as well as possible presence of mental disorders. Constant exposure to stress can develop anxious and phobic conditions that affect the physiology, nervous and vascular systems, and indirectly affect the development of erectile dysfunction.
A man should always remember the health of the main body systems involved in the erection mechanism. They can be negatively affected not only by illness and injury, but also by an unhealthy lifestyle, which in itself is stressful on the body. Reduction in physical activity contributes to disturbances in vascular reactions and the formation of blood stagnation in the pelvic organs, which has a negative effect on sexual function. Non-compliance with sleep and rest patterns, as well as a lack of essential nutrients, have a depressing effect on all life-supporting systems.
The role of proper nutrition for potency.
In order for a man to keep his body, including his reproductive function, in good condition for as long as possible, there are a number of very simple rules. It is important to maintain physical activity and get a sufficient amount of physical activity. This promotes the preservation of muscle mass and the healthy regulation of hormonal levels. A schedule of rest and sleep should be established, the nervous system should not be overloaded, this will sooner or later affect potency.
A healthy lifestyle cannot be imagined without a proper nutrition system. A man must take care to obtain the necessary amount of food corresponding to the load and balance his diet. The lack of certain vitamins and nutrients can alter the functioning of several vital systems and indirectly affect reproductive capacity. At the same time, excessive food consumption causes obesity, surges in blood sugar levels, and malfunctioning of the pancreas.
Weight gain by increasing the percentage of fat mass negatively affects the state of the heart, blood vessels, joints, spine and the hormonal regulation system. The body is forced to endure additional weight every day, which contributes to the development of hypertension, increased cholesterol and blood sugar, the appearance of varicose veins, shortness of breath and other unpleasant consequences.
Fat by itself produces certain hormones and, in excess, it can upset the entire balance of the body and negatively affect the functioning of the pancreas and gonads. There may be a decrease in testosterone secretion, which is detrimental to the male body in terms of maintaining reproductive function and overall health. Especially dangerous is obesity of the visceral type, which leads to the growth of internal organs, and not just an increase in the subcutaneous layer. This is fraught with the development of diabetes and other serious diseases that reduce potency.
To correct weight, a man needs to maintain a regular regimen of physical activity, both aerobic and strength training. Nutrition must be consistent with daily energy costs and balanced in terms of essential substances and vitamins. Certain categories of foods that are also included in the list of things harmful to potency should be excluded from the diet. If necessary, he can also use various sports nutritional supplements.
Products harmful to potency.
The exclusion from the diet of certain foods and drinks that can indirectly harm the reproductive function of men is usually due to their general negative effect on the body. First of all, you should follow your doctor's recommendations when choosing a diet, especially if you suffer from chronic diseases. It is necessary to refrain from foods that negatively affect the state of the cardiovascular and nervous systems of the body. They regulate sexual function in men along with the endocrine glands.
The list of what is recommended to be excluded from the diet includes the following categories of foods and drinks:
- Fried and fatty foods, since their excessive consumption contributes to the formation of excess weight, stomach, liver and gallbladder problems. Such foods cause an increase in blood cholesterol, the appearance of plaques on the walls of blood vessels, their obstruction and subsequent circulatory disorders, including in the pelvic organs. Excessive consumption of common fried foods and the so-called trans fats contained in some foods also causes harm. These include lamb, pork, lard, butter, etc. ;
- Foods rich in simple carbohydrates cause a rapid increase in fat mass and frequent surges in blood sugar levels. If these foods are abused, the chances of pancreatic malfunction and the risk of developing diabetes mellitus increase exponentially. In the future, this disease leads to neurodegenerative processes and hormonal imbalances, which always negatively affects a man's ability to lead a normal sexual life. These products include most sweets and bakery products, fast food, chips, crisps and snacks, drinks with added sugar, some ready meals, etc. ;
- smoked products from stores in the form of meat, fish, lard or sausages are harmful to the stomach and the body as a whole, since they usually contain, in addition to fat, various types of artificial flavors and colorings;
- Excess caffeine has a depressing effect on the central nervous system, overloading it and increasing the risk of vascular spasms. The toning effect of this drink is only achieved in strictly limited quantities. An overdose of caffeine, instead of excitement, on the contrary, causes lethargy, drowsiness, tremors and uncontrollable vegetative manifestations in the form of dizziness, surges in blood pressure, palpitations and even panic attacks. An excess of this drink every day creates a permanent effect of fatigue in men, and in this state it is difficult to lead a normal sexual life;
- Alcohol in any form has an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system, especially in large quantities and consumed frequently. It doesn't matter whether a man drinks strong alcohol or low alcohol; If he does it regularly, the body will continue to suffer damage. There is a myth that among alcoholic beverages, beer is the most harmful to male potency, since it supposedly contains phytoestrogens that affect testosterone levels. But there is not a single study that demonstrates the presence of such an effect. The amount of phytoestrogens contained in hopped beer is very small and cannot have any effect on hormone levels. But the alcohol contained in this drink is very capable of causing harm not only to potency, but to the entire body;
- Excessive salt consumption contributes to the accumulation of water in the body and increases blood pressure. This negatively affects the state of the vascular walls and blood circulation in the body, including the pelvic organs, as well as the mobility of the joints. Do not abuse pickles, spicy preserves, chips, sausages and other foods with high salt content.
All of the above products, of course, should be excluded from the diet not only of men suffering from potency problems. In the treatment of any disease of the nervous, cardiovascular or digestive systems, such foods are not recommended or even strictly prohibited. If a man does not take care of his health, moves little, does not follow a rest regimen, constantly fills his stomach with anything, is addicted to alcohol, smoking and psychoactive substances, he will quickly be overcome by difficulties in his sexual life.
Useful products for potency.
After listing what is considered harmful to potency in men, it is worth finding out what type of food is advisable to eat to maintain libido and sexual health for as long as possible. Depending on the content of vitamins and beneficial microelements, as a rule, several groups of products are distinguished:
- It contains potassium, magnesium, calcium and zinc, which help form and nourish the nervous system and improve neuronal activity. These include dairy products, vegetables, bananas, buckwheat, legumes, oats, some seafood, nuts, etc. ;
- products rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamins A, C and E, which are involved in the formation of immunity, metabolic processes and strengthening the walls of veins and blood vessels. These are, first of all, foods rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6, for example, certain types of fish and vegetable oils: sunflower, olive or linseed, nuts and seeds;
- products with sufficient proteins and amino acids necessary to develop muscles, ligaments and other components of the body. These are lean meats, poultry and fish, fermented dairy products, legumes, chicken or quail eggs;
- As natural aphrodisiacs, it is recommended to consume oysters, dark chocolate and strawberries in limited quantities. People believe that bee products, such as honey or bee bread, help increase potency.
If a man follows a balanced diet, sleeps, rests and engages in regular physical activity, his libido can remain at a good level until old age. But in the case of the presence of certain physiological or mental ailments, only diet and routine will not be able to eliminate erectile dysfunction, but will only become a complement to drug therapy. Do not trust exotic remedies, for example, deer antlers, but it is better to consult a specialist if alarming symptoms appear.