The appearance of sexual desire in women is accompanied by the release of lubrication and swelling of the mammary glands. However, not everyone knows what is released during arousal among the representatives of the stronger sex. Men can produce not only seminal fluid during sexual intercourse, but also a special lubricant that makes it easier for the penis to slide during friction. This substance, when aroused in men, is called pre-ejaculate.
During arousal, men produce a clear, colorless mucus called pre-ejaculate. It forms along with an erection, but can appear afterward. If there is no lubrication in men during arousal, then this is a symptom of some kind of pathology related to the reproductive system. The release of this liquid prevents injuries to the male genital organ during vaginal penetration.
In medicine, lubrication in men during arousal is called temporary. This substance is formed not only before sexual intercourse, but also with slight sexual arousal, during caresses, and also during masturbation. The appearance of lubrication in men during arousal indicates a desire to become intimate with their partner.
Pre-ejaculate is a mucous secretion, which in its composition contains various enzymes and alkalis. Since the environment of the female vagina is acidic and rejects the male seed, the lubricant neutralizes the aggressiveness of said female microflora.
There is a myth that a woman can get pregnant from a discharge from a man's penis. The fact is that there are no sperm in the composition of the lubricant, but it can be if there was sexual intercourse without contraception, within a few hours of masturbation or after a previous sexual intercourse.
To avoid an unwanted pregnancy, experts recommend the use of condoms or other means of contraception.
Lubricant is released in men during arousal, it is not only a transparent lubricating fluid, but also a protective reaction of the mucous membrane. Such secretions facilitate the penetration of the male genital organ into the female vagina and friction, if the fair sex has released a small amount of such a substance.
Lubrication in men during arousal has several very important functions, which are the following:
- Neutralization of increased acidity of the vaginal microflora.
- Facilitate penetration of the penis, help the movement of sperm through the cervix.
- Increase the chance of conception.
- Extraction of the contents of the urinary canal.
In an acidic environment, sperm die quite quickly. Thanks to the alkaline presence, they enter the genital tract intact and can fertilize the ovum. That is why the male lubricant has the ability to protect the viability of sperm.
In addition, thanks to these male secretions from the urethra, the chance of conception increases, since the seminal fluid during slipping penetrates into the uterus much faster. Natural lubricant helps avoid the use of artificial substitutes and also makes it easier for the penis to penetrate the vagina if a woman has a small amount of her own secretions.
What does normal look like?
So, the question of whether a man is lubricated during arousal has been resolved. But how does she look? Outwardly, this liquid looks like a simple transparent mucus. During sexual intercourse, it is released in an amount of 1 to 5 ml. This volume is enough to make sexual contact comfortable for couples. As part of this seed, there is the smegma, which is a fatty substance that accumulates in the folds of the foreskin. In the event that a man is faithful to only one sexual partner or uses a condom during sexual intercourse, there are no color changes and no additional inclusions in the composition of the liquid. Only a light whitish shade is possible.
When to see a doctor?
Many women still don't know if men have lubrication when they are aroused. Some people just didn't pay attention to it. However, the fact that this liquid is extremely important during sexual intercourse is a fact.
If any suspicious symptoms appear, a man should immediately consult a doctor. Thanks to this, it will be possible to identify the disease at an early stage of its development, and therefore a speedy recovery will follow. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to the composition and tone of your preseed. Additional symptoms that help identify the diagnosis include the following:
- Increased body temperature, fever, fever.
- Sensation of pain or discomfort in the area of organs located in the small pelvis.
- Skin redness, swelling, and rashes.
- Purulent bloody impurities in male secretions.
- Burning and itching in the urethra.
- Hyperemia in the penis area.
- Erectile dysfunction, urinary retention.
Similar pathological processes are observed in the male body during arousal and rest in case of infection with sexually transmitted diseases. If several or even one symptom has been found, you should immediately consult a doctor. The man is likely to need urgent antibiotic therapy.
If a man has a lot of lubrication when he is aroused, this can be called a characteristic of his body. However, in some cases, representatives of the stronger sex do not notice the release of fluid during intercourse, since it begins to be released only after penetration of the penis into the vagina.
In 5% of cases, the lack of lubrication is a symptom of the presence of some type of inflammatory disease. In such a situation, it is better to consult a specialist about such problem. It should also be noted that in older people, the discharge from the urethra may be completely absent.
Change in consistency and color.
It was previously stated that if a lot of lubrication is released during arousal in men, this is the norm, but if there is too much, then this should alert. However, a change in color and consistency is considered a reason to see a doctor. Normally, the color of the seminal fluid is transparent, slightly whitish. You should also pay attention to the density of these secretions. The seminal fluid should not be thick, flow freely from the urinary canal during sexual arousal. The reasons for consulting a specialist are as follows:
- The formation of an unpleasant fishy smell, in which the aroma of mold is present.
- Pus and blood impurities.
- Change in the structure of the seminal fluid, the formation of a curdled sediment, thickening.
- Change of tonality.
Red, gray, orange, green and other shades are a sign of an infectious or inflammatory process in the body. The male body thus reacts to any viral or bacterial invasion on it. In some cases, the colored discharge is a sign of a natural healing process. For example, after an operation on the prostate, after antibiotic therapy or any other surgical intervention.
Transparent slimy discharge in some cases indicates infection with infectious diseases, for example, streptococci, staphylococci, and also E. coli. However, the appearance of bacteria will be observed not only in the pre-seminal fluid, but also in other secretions of the male organ.
The gray-green tint of the fluid indicates the presence of an infection in the male body. However, this symptom is far from always a sign of sexually transmitted diseases, since ARVI or influenza can manifest themselves. In parallel with this, the body temperature rises in a man.
Thick white discharge indicates the development of a fungal disease, most often with candidiasis. This disease is transmitted to a man from an infected sexual partner. During the detection of this pathogen, it is necessary to treat both the woman and the man.
If the liquid is red, then this indicates the development of a urological disease, for example, cystitis, urethritis, but it can also be a symptom of chronic prostatitis and other ailments that are not related to the urinary system.
Causes of discharge, redness, itching, swelling, burning
Causes of discharge, redness, itching and inflammation are very diverse. All the reasons why something liquid is seen on the head of the penis are divided into physiological, which can be observed normally, and pathological, which are never normal. And thatphysiological secretionsCan men meet in everyday life?
Physiological libidinal urethrorrhea
Physiological libidinal urethrorrhea. Difficult term. The FLU is associated with the appearance of excitement in a man and occurs due to secretions from the urethral glands. These lubricating secretions contain sperm, so when a penis is inserted into the vagina, a woman can safely become pregnant with a boy or girl. But the problem is that in the pathology of the genitourinary system, transparent mucous secretions (clear liquid) usually appear.
ejaculate. The ejaculate consists of semen, prostatic fluid, secretion of seminal vesicles. Sperm can be released during wet dreams, orgasm, sexual intercourse, masturbation. The contents of the prostate, Littre's glands, Cooper's glands, seminal vesicles, sperm can fall on the head of the penis. Pollution is the release of ejaculate in the absence of a regular sex life. It usually occurs in young adolescents between 14 and 18 years of age and in men during periods of prolonged abstinence.
smegma- They are physiological secretions of the glands located in the foreskin and the head of the penis. The species can be white, curdled. Smegma should be removed by taking a shower 2 times a day. In recent years, many scientific studies have been carried out, proving that smegma that enters a woman's cervical region can cause uterine cancer, which, as you can see, is very bad. In men, in the absence of head hygiene, penile cancer can develop.
Pathological discharge in men, guys.
pathological secretionthey are diverse and can often outwardly resemble physiological ones, which requires an examination by a doctor to draw up an examination and treatment plan. So what causes pathological discharge from the penis? Most often it is inflammation, inflammatory reactions that can cause sexual infections pathogens and opportunistic microflora. But, unfortunately, the cause of the discharge can be tumors, oncology, oncological diseases, cancer. Do not forget that the discharge can appear after operations on the organs of the genitourinary system, injuries of the genital organs and pelvic organs.
Discharge classification of a member: types, forms.
let's stop atclassification of discharge from the urethra in men according to Sarclinic(1992).
- white, off-white,
- yellow, yellowish
- green, greenish,
- red, bloody, reddish, bloody, gory
- yellow-green, green-yellow
- medium consistency,
- thick, sticky.
The volume of secretions can be different - from a small drop to several milliliters. In terms of assignments:
- abundant, large
- scarce, small
- a drop.
- tomorrow, in the morning, in the morning,
- daily, during the day
- late, in the afternoons,
- night, in the night,
- when urinating,
- between urinating.
- associated with hypothermia
- associated with sexual intercourse
- associated with the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- associated with the use of spicy foods, spices.
Connection with the time of year:
Assignments in each case in different men may largely depend on the immunity, the virulence of the pathogen, the severity or chronicity of the process, the type of pathogen, the severity of the inflammatory reaction, concomitant diseases (for example, diabetes mellitus complicates the process). Very often, with the same disease, different types of discharge can be observed, in addition, with different diseases, there may be a similar discharge. Only accurate diagnosis can establish the type of pathogen (PCR - DNA diagnosis, RNA-NASBA test for RNA).
Is it possible to get pregnant from a man's lubrication?
"Is it possible to get pregnant with a man's lubrication? " is a question that worries even experienced women. This is especially true for couples who practice coitus interruptus. Such fears are not unfounded. In fact, the male lubricant (before ejaculation) also contains a small amount of sperm.
In the article, we will find out whether it is possible to get pregnant from lubrication, secretions from a man. And also, what are the risks of protection through interrupted sexual relations and caresses without penetration. What contraceptive methods will help protect against such problems?
What is a male lubricant?
So that sexual intercourse does not cause discomfort, natural lubrication comes to the rescue. A transparent "secret" in a woman is secreted by the mucous membrane of the cervix when she is excited. In men, this function is performed by the bulbourethral glands. Pre-ejaculate can also hold a small amount of sperm (after wet dreams or masturbation).
Functions of male lubrication:
- moisturize the mucosa of the penis before insertion into the vagina;
- neutralization of the action of urine residues in the urethra (an acidic environment destroys sperm, prevents conception).
Thus, the answer to the dilemma "is it possible to get pregnant from lubrication, secretions or mucus? " depends on the type of contraception.
Types of male flow
A man's natural discharge is multi-colored mucus or fluid that comes out of the urethra. Can be:
- prostate secret;
- ejaculate (sperm);
- urethrorrhea (before ejaculation);
- wet dream;
A different number of sperm replaces the pre-ejaculate and, consequently, the ejaculate. Sometimes the lubricant retains a small amount of seminal fluid from a previous ejaculation.
Why is mucus secreted from the penis?
Urinary tract discharge can be a source of information about a man's health.
Often discharge from the penis is one of the first or even the only manifestation of the disease.
Taking care of his health, a man should pay attention to what stands out from his sexual dignity.
If there are doubts about the normality of the discharge from the urethra or penis, he should immediately contact a urologist, whose practical experience will allow him to quickly separate the norm from the pathology.
Pathological mucus from the penis.
By discharge from the penis, the presence of an infectious process in the male genital tract can be suspected:
- Abundant mucus from the penis appears with urethritis caused by a sexual infection. Such urethral discharge is transparent, rarely with a yellow tint. They stretch well and contain a small number of leukocytes. If the appearancepenile mucuscaused by inflammation of the urethra, will be accompanied by pain and burning when urinating, pain in the bladder (when the infection spreads to it), in the lower abdomen. Painful sensations are combined with hyperemia and swelling of the mucous membrane of the external opening of the urethra, sometimes with sticking of the lips, which is especially noticeable in the morning. The dried exudate looks like yellowish crusts. In chronic urethritis, the discharge is more moderate, their number is less than in the acute course of the disease, mucus is most often found on the lips of the external opening of the urethra in the morning in the form of a drop or dryness. light yellow rind.
- In addition to urethritis, the discharge can also give chronic prostatitis. In this case, the pathological discharge is combined with constant or periodic dull pains in the lumbar region, sacrum, radiating to the anus, thighs and perineum. Along with the pain syndrome, there are phenomena of dysuria: urination is difficult, urine is excreted in a stream or weak intermittent drops, a man is forced to strain to empty the bladder, there is often nocturia - frequent urge to urinate in the evening. In this case, the excretion of urine may be difficult, which is very painful for the patient. In chronic prostatitis, pathological secretion, pain syndrome is almost always combined with signs of sexual dysfunction - erection disorders, decreased libido and premature ejaculation.
- Transparent mucus from the penis is characteristic of diseases such as mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, and chlamydia. In this case, the mucus may be yellowish or grayish. Mucous discharge is combined with redness and swelling of the lips of the urethral opening, burning and pain during urine production, itching and redness of the glans penis, its pain, spots (with chlamydial infection) may appear.
- White mucus on the penis consists of an inflammatory fluid, represented by mucus with a significant amount of desquamated epithelium and leukocytes. Such mucus is characteristic of diseases such as ureaplasmosis. With chlamydia, mucus sticking to the head of the penis is typical.
- White mucus will also be with prostorrhea against the background of prostatitis. It is associated with a reduced tone of the gland. A whitish liquid escapes involuntarily at the end of urination and can cause discomfort or itching in the urethra.
In the life of any man, it may happen that after a casual encounter he has to visit a venereologist or urologist.
The mucus from the penis is normal.
Physiological penile mucus, also called libidinal urethrorrhea, is the first variant of penile mucus, which is absolutely normal.
This clear secret is secreted by the urethral glands. It escapes from the urethra during sexual arousal in small or large amounts.
It all depends on the characteristics of the male body, as well as the period in which the man refrained from sexual intercourse with a woman.
Sometimes it happens that libidinal urethrorrhea accompanies the act of defecation.
It must be remembered that the composition of the physiological secret contains a certain amount of sperm, and if this secret enters the vagina, there is a risk of conception.
If a discharge similar to libidinal secretion is released in much larger volumes than usual, this should suggest the presence of a disease or infection of the genital tract.
If you experience these symptoms, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Another variation of normal secretions is called smegma.
This is the secret of the glands that are located on the head of the penis, as well as on the foreskin.
The third normal discharge will be semen (a mixture of sperm and secretions).
To find out the cause of the appearance of penile mucus, a visit to a urologist or dermatovenereologist is necessary.
After evaluating the complaints and studying the medical history, the doctor will examine the patient, conduct a study of the genital area, the prostate.
During the examination, material is taken for analysis: it can be a swab from the urethra, prostate juice, urine, semen, blood.
A smear is taken with a thin disposable probe, the secret of the prostate gland is taken with manual massage.
Urine for research should be taken in the morning (the first portion in the morning), blood is also taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
To establish a diagnosis, tests such as:
- light microscopy of a smear - can be used to identify the inflammatory process in the urogenital tract, as well as sexual infections such as gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, candidiasis;
- cultural study - allows to accurately determine the causative agent of the infectious process and its sensitivity to antibacterial agents;
- PCR - allows you to identify with high accuracy the microbial pathogen that caused the development of inflammation in the urinary tract;
- ELISA is a serodiagnostic method used to detect many urogenital infections (chlamydia, etc. ).
In addition, a general analysis and biochemistry of urine, a general analysis and biochemistry of blood make it possible to assess the functional state of the urinary system.
Functional tests are performed that establish the ability of the organs of the genitourinary system to cope with their functions.
Treatment for the appearance of penile mucus depends on the cause of the pathological process.
With a bacterial origin of infection, antibiotics, uroseptics are prescribed, along with enzymes, with a viral genesis, antiviral agents and immunomodulators.
With a yeast infection - antifungal drugs, with trichomoniasis - prostocidal drugs (metronidazole).
When is mucus secreted from the penis
When mucus is secreted from the penis, it is worth visiting a urologist without fail.
The specialist will make the necessary diagnoses and dispel doubts about the presence of the disease.
If you have any symptoms of diseases of the genitourinary organs, contact a urologist, venereologist with extensive experience.
It is not necessary in these cases to self-medicate and let the disease take its course. Sexually transmitted diseases cause the formation of many pathologies and can also cause rectal dysfunction, problems with urination and a weakened immune system.